Archive for September, 2011

Next Page »

Stub axle bushes and front brakes.

September 25th, 2011

More minor progress. Bit by bit you clean and restore things. And eventually you get to reassemble everything with nice, clean parts. I figured out I didn’t get the wrong rear brake cables. I forgot that the rear cables aren’t ball and cup but have forked cables over the lever and a clevis pin. I […]

New parts (finally).

September 21st, 2011

My missing parts finally arrived. As well as a part I won on TradeMe. I also got in touch with Tom who took the great pictures of the Dixi sports car and he said it was fine for me to use those pictures so I have uploaded them to my gallery. The clock I won […]

Can’t think of a heading – bah!

September 18th, 2011

A little more progress this weekend.  I cleaned up and painted some more small parts. Mainly the front brake cylinders and adjusters. A quick going over with a wire brush on an electric drill takes care of those.  The Girling adjusters (which seem very similar to the rear ones on the MGB – maybe they […]

More on the front hubs.

September 11th, 2011

This weekend I finished cleaning and painting the front hub parts. First though I pootled along to Bunnings and bought some wood so I could make my old door workbench a little more permanent. I made up some simple wooden trestles to rest the door on. A slight miscalculation on the number of nailplates needed […]

Front hubs.

September 7th, 2011

Tonight I completed stripping down the front hubs. I wanted to remove the bearings to see what condition they are in. Austin 7 front hubs are in two parts. The rear half has the wheel studs riveted to it and holds the rear bearing and a felt seal and washer. The front half contains the […]

Next Page »