Archive for January, 2013

Frame off!

January 28th, 2013

I finally got the frame off to work on it but not after a few smaller jobs.  And a week spent fixing my MG who popped a core plug on the motorway the other weekend. I am sure she only does it since she’s jealous of all the time spent on the new car. I […]

Starting to finish the frame.

January 13th, 2013

Over the weekend I have done a bit on the car despite it being bloody hot in the garage, especially when welding! I removed the cardboard and started tweaking the frame. I fixed the dodgy corner and if anything now part of it is a little low so it needs another tweak! I also tweaked […]

Cardboard car again.

January 6th, 2013

Today there wasn’t much to do but cover the car in cardboard again. Everything looks fine. One corner of the rear firewall need a bit of a bash as it’s too high but I knew about that already. The rest seems OK. I didn’t do the very tip of the tail. Not much to say […]

Side panels.

January 5th, 2013

This morning I followed Nigel’s advice and made the drag link cut-out bigger. I tried jacking the off side wheel but there isn’t enough weight in the car to compress the spring. Even me standing on it doesn’t make it move much. So I estimated the amount of movement I expect and made it larger […]

Back on her wheels.

January 3rd, 2013

I had a very frustrating time trying to get the diff set up in the end. I spent days on it. Every time I assembled it the adjusters would lock up tight. Eventually I worked out the problem. The bushes I had reamed were very off centre. Enough that the half shafts would lock on […]