Archive for March, 2013

Next Page »

Valance brackets.

March 26th, 2013

Tonight I welded in the passenger side floor. And I made up the little angle brackets that strengthen the firewall where the valances bolt on. These are steel strips bent into a 90 degree angle. I brazed on nuts that the valance bolts screw into. These really increase the stiffness of the valances. I might […]

Bolting things down.

March 25th, 2013

Today my bolts and T-nuts I ordered arrived. I got 1/4 and 3/16 gutter bolts with a mush-slot head. They are nice ones too. I also got some T-nuts that will allow me to bolt things down onto the floor. Bolts and t-nuts. I started by bolting the rear of the tunnel to the rear […]

Spring covers.

March 24th, 2013

I checked the rear firewall and yes, it is past 90 degrees which is where my clearance went. I’ll hammer up a blister soon and make a cut out and put that in place. Will look like it’s meant to be that way! Missing clearance. I also finished up spring covers. I was going to […]

Finishing the transmission tunnel.

March 20th, 2013

Tonight I finished off the transmission tunnel. I measured and then cut the front piece so I could fold over the right hand edge at 90 degrees. This is how the earlier cars were (not sure about Rubys) and it is because the front piece is slightly wider than the tunnel itself. Tunnel front. I […]

More metalwork.

March 19th, 2013

Right, where did I get to. I’ve been doing a lot the last few days so it is hard to remember everything. I finished off the drivers side floor. It needed a little bit of doming to fit over the steering box. Joss visited and pointed out it would have been nice to dome it […]

Next Page »