Archive for April, 2013

Next Page »

Frame painting.

April 28th, 2013

A quick update tonight as I am knackered. The frame is painted though! I spent yesterday doing the remote shifter and the glove compartment. The shifter was way too stiff so I redid it. Several times. In the end I lengthened the front stick with some 8mm flat bar and I had the linkage much […]

Remote gear shift.

April 25th, 2013

Today I riveted the battery box in place (pop for now but blind rivets later once it’s all painted) and did some work on the remote shifter. I took a piece of steel bar and battled my lathe (badly in need of adjustment) to turn up a metal disc fit inside the clevis rod end. […]

Glove compartment.

April 21st, 2013

Today I made the glove compartment. My sheet steel supplies are rather depleted so I ended up making it from the bits I had lying about. It’s a little over engineered I think! First I made a cardboard template of the size opening I needed. Template. Then I made up separate sides with flanges then […]

Battery box.

April 20th, 2013

Today I did one of those jobs that I thought would be quick but took me all day. By the time you work out what to do, measure, measure again, cut, mark out, cut out, fold, hammer, come inside to ice the finger you hit with the hammer, test fit, adjust, weld and finish all […]

Welding in tunnel hump.

April 18th, 2013

Tonight I welded in the tunnel hump. Unfortunately I couldn’t reach the vertical flange with the spot welder so instead I punched holes in the edge with my joggler and plug welded it in with MIG. Cover with punched holes. It’s a bit tricky welding under the car and I did catch some splatters on […]

Next Page »