Archive for May, 2013

« Previous PageNext Page »

Day 8.

May 15th, 2013

Tonight I spent some time smoothing and adjusting the top front panel. That now fits very well and the side front pieces match it nicely. These are now ready to weld. They will be done first then the rear of the tail on the two rear side pieces. Then the two halves will be joined. […]

Day 7.

May 13th, 2013

I went back today and finished off fixing the middle panel. All it needed was the edges rolling over, which I did after annealing them, and the peak down the middle. That was done by setting up a suitable dolly in the vice and simply pressing the panel down over it by hand to raise […]

Day 6.

May 12th, 2013

Well, half a day as I had errands to run for part of it. I went to finish off the middle panel and ended up totally messing it up. The panel has so many odd stresses and tensions in it I just couldn’t get it to sit right at all. In the end, after hours […]

Day 5.

May 10th, 2013

Well, I’ve been asked to expand on the english wheeling and as it happens today was spent doing just that. All day. On one panel! I started making the last body panel, the one behind the cockpit. This is the hardest on as it is the one with the most shape and it is also […]

Day 4.

May 9th, 2013

Not so much obvious progress today but actually now I am getting close to welding all the bits together. Just one more panel to make. The tail piece has some shape that needed wheeling into it. After doing that it was just a matter of lining up all the panels, making sure they fit together […]

« Previous PageNext Page »