Archive for September, 2013

New AMR300 and other progress.

September 29th, 2013

This weekend I finished stripping and cleaning the block and head and also did more body bashing. I tried all week to remove the two stuck head studs. I tried heating, cooling, fancy penetrating sprays, vibration, impact and swearing. Nothing worked. in the end I machined up a little guide and cut the studs off […]

Stripping block.

September 16th, 2013

This evening after work I finished stripping the block. To remove the tappet guides I cobbled together a puller from a bolt and a section of square steel tube and a piece of strap. I filed the corners off a nut so it was smaller in diameter than the tappet guide. As the two sets […]

Engine stripping.

September 15th, 2013

Work on the body continues. More filing and hammering. With the rear axle off I can get to the sides and clean up those welds. Am definitely getting the hang of it now. I also tried the slap stick a bit and that can really bring up low spots quickly! I find I can only […]

Rear axle almost done.

September 8th, 2013

I finally got the right number of shims and spacers and got everything so it looks sort of right I think. Of course it looks nothing like in the books but I think it’s about right. Yesterday morning I went by the local bearing place not sure if they would be open or not. They […]

Rear axle again.

September 2nd, 2013

Right, no updates for a while and slow progress but progress is being made. I rolled the car out side the other weekend to take some pictures and to be able to stand right back to see the shape. It’s looking OK I think. Tiny but OK! Car out in the sun. I also took […]