Archive for the 'Arduino Taipan!' Category

Next Page »

Taipan! on the Arduino(s). Part 9 – Finished!

July 31st, 2012

I finally finished Taipan! on the Arduino. Well, two Arduinos. Since most people won’t read the other 8(!) rambling posts on the project below is a film and a brief summary. Here is a film of it in action. The original aim was to take the original Apple 2 version of Taipan! and port it […]

Taipan! on the Arduino(s). Part 8 (almost there)!

July 29th, 2012

More progress and things are finally almost complete. I laid everything out inside the hollow book to see that it would all fit. The batteries are made up of two AA cell holders, each holding four Ni-Mh cells.These fit either side of the keypad.The screen is at the top and in the middle is space […]

Taipan! on the Arduino(s). Part 7 (bloody hell, when will it end).

July 19th, 2012

Right, still going on this ‘little’ project. I modified the book to take an inset wooden front panel cut from some thin ply. I carefully cut a lip in the top face of the book for this to sit in so it is flush with the pages. Front panel. I also decided the original keypad […]

Taipan! on the Arduino(s). Part 6.

July 5th, 2012

Small update tonight. The hollow book is now ready to be used as an enclosure. Book for enclosure. I would put the dust jacket back on it but now the rear cover is glued to the pages you can’t! Need to think about that one. I also finished adding in the sound effects in the […]

Taipan! on the Arduino(s). Part 5.

July 4th, 2012

I am still going through play testing and making sure the game runs properly. To get everything right, including the right sound effects in the right places, I filmed the screen as I played Taipan! on the Virtual Apple 2 site. I was then able to play back the films to match the behaviour to […]

Next Page »